Free Shipping Included! Save 1% on the Shun DM0701 Classic 6 Inch Utility Knife by Shun at Baking Love. MPN: DM0701. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. From the Manufacturer Shun Classic Cutlery View larger. Why Buy Shun Classic: Born of the ancient samurai-sword-making tradition and
Product Description & Reviews
From the Manufacturer
Shun Classic Cutlery
Why Buy Shun Classic:
Born of the ancient samurai-sword-making tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is an ideal choice for anyone buying their first Japanese knife or 50th. The high-quality line of cutlery makes a worthwhile addition to any chef's arsenal of tools--it's used by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Produced in the widest variety of specialized styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs.
Shun Classic's amazingly sharp blade is famous for both edge retention and ease of sharpening. Each blade has a core of VG-10 "Super Steel" with a Pattern Damascus cladding of 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel--16 layers on either side. While the wood grain pattern enhances the knife's beauty, it also adds durability and stain resistance, and reduces friction when cutting.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Blade core consists of high-carbon VG-10, a Japanese super steel known for its edge retention, allowing the knives to hold their sharp edges for years.
- Blades boast a 16-degree angle, making these the sharpest knives out of the box. This is sharper than traditional European blades, which are usually sharpened to 20-22 degrees.
- Clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for strength and flexibility. This metal is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain.
- Damascus styling adds to the beauty of the knife while the microscopic air pockets created by the cladding process reduces friction during slicing.
- D-shaped handle fits in the palm and provides comfort and control, keeping the knife's handle secure in the hand during use.
- Available standard in D-shaped handle styles or by special order in reverse D-shaped handle styles.
- Pakkawood handles, made of resin-impregnated hardwood, are NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Produced in Seki City, Japan, the capital of samurai sword manufacturing.
- Rockwell hardness rating of 60-61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer.
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty.
|Blade Material: ||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal. |
|Bevel: ||Double-beveled |
|Cutting angle: ||16 degrees per side (comprehensive angle 32 degrees). This is sharper than European knives, ground to 20-22 degrees per side. |
|Handle Material: ||PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions. |
|Sharpening recommendations: ||Weekly honing to maintain the blade, sharpening as needed with professional sharpener or Asian-style electric sharpener. |
A member of the stylish Shun Classic line, this multipurpose utility knife comfortably handles any small-scale kitchen cutting need from chopping to peeling and slicing. The utility knife’s compact size makes it easy to handle and thus a favorite among home and professional chefs. The tool features a narrow sloping blade measuring 6 inches in length with a piercing tip.
Leveraging a 90-year history of superior workmanship, Shun knives are precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI. Using technologically advanced processes, a VG-10 "super steel" core is clad with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. The Damascus detailing not only enhances the knife’s aesthetic appeal, it also prevents morsels from sticking and avoids crushing or damaging foods. Forming a comfortable D-shaped hold, a fused blend of hardwood veneers and resin comprise the unique ebony Pakkawood handle. A traditionally offset stainless-steel bolster protects knuckles while a steel end-cap finishes the piece. Although dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended. This product includes a lifetime warranty. -- Amy Arnold
Features & Highlights
- 6-inch multipurpose Japanese utility knife; ideal for peeling, chopping, or slicing
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; holds a razor-sharp edge
- Clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster
- lifetime warranty; manufactured in Seki City, Japan
2.3 x 0.9 x 11.6 inches
2.01 x 0.98 x 15.98 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Shun, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Chicago Cutlery
mpn: BT10P-1, ean: 0722544215855,
The Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition 10-Inch Serrated Bread Knife adds classic styling to your kitchen that you will love. High-carbon stainless steel blades resist rust, stains, and pitting, while Chicago Cutlery's exclusive 25-degree Taper Grind e...
By Rada MFG
mpn: R126/2, ean: 0788454575915,
Now you can cut perfect tomato slices every time. The blade of the Rada tomato slicer is specially manufactured with dual serrations to make sure every cut is straight and even. And it works for left-handers too. Package of 2 tomato slicers. Rada kni...
mpn: 4066/12, ean: 0411378014627,
Blade measures 4-1/2" ; Full knife (including blade and handles) Measures approximately 10" by .8/9 by .3/5 inches. Precision forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel. Full-tang, triple-riveted synthetic handle affords superior stren...
By Mercer Culinary
mpn: M20907, ean: 0765301904128,
Ergonomic Santoprene handle offers superior comfort and a non-slip grip, even with wet hands. Will not break down from exposure to kitchen oils and is able to withstand hot and cold temperatures.. Bolster strengthens the knife, adds durability, and ...